The Jakara Movement is an inclusive social justice organization that is always looking to partner up with other organizations and communities. We have worked with:
- Border Angels (Angeles de la Frontera) - a faith-based organization that is committed towards the human rights of all migrants in California, including those undocumented. The Jakara Movement has partnered with this organization for our "SOOJH: Alternative Winter Break Project"
- First 5 Fresno County - is a government-based initiative that works with community organizaitons to promote health for all children ages 0-5. The Jakara Movement has teamed up with First 5 Fresno County in our work with Ladoos: Pink and Blue and in local health outreach initiatives. We assisted them in talking to members of the community in their recent report, "Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Strategic Plan for Fresno County."
- Asian-Pacific Islanders California Action Network (APIsCAN) - this organization helps form coalitions of API communities to work together through organizing, collaboration, leadership development, and education. The Jakara Movement has started to engage with their work ant the larger API community through participation in their annual API Summit and other initiatives.
- Asian Law Caucus (ALC) - this organization works to promote, advance, and represent the legal and civil rights of Asian and Pacific Islander (API) communities and are committed to the pursuit of equality and justice for all sectors of society. The Jakara Movement participates in their annual "Advancing Justice Conference."
- Punjabi Cultural Association of the Central Valley, California (PCA) - this organization is committed to the promotion of Punjabi and Sikh culture. They host Gurmat camps, a family cultural mela, and other events. The Jakara Movement works with PCA in promoting health awareness amongst the Sikh population.
- ENSAAF - this organization is committed to ending impunity and achieve justice for mass state crimes in India, with a focus on Punjab, by documenting abuses, bringing perpetrators to justice, and organizing survivors. The Jakara Movement has helped promote ENSAAF's work and collaborated on a number of forums.
We are always looking to forge new alliances, synergies, and partners. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us.