Bhujangan Kaur Leadership Academy is aimed at girls ages 13-18. Young Kaur's will work on developing themselves and creating a sense of community. Designed to encourage leadership building and development for the next generation of Kaurs, Bhujangans spend a weekend in the outdoors and learn about Sikh sheroes of the past. Workshops emphasize building internal strength (sehaj), self-esteem and self-worth, and building sisterhood. You can also watch videos from 2015 and 2012.
- The 2019 Bhujangan Kaur Leadership Academy will be July 10th-14th
- This Year we will be having ONE Bhujangan in order to connect our Young Kaurs across California.
- By popular demand, we are extending Bhujangan by one day, making it a 5 day camp!
- If you have any questions please email email@example.com
- The Bhujangan Leadership Academy is a Jakara Movement initiative that was started in 2012 by a handful of Jakara sevadarnis to address the lack of sisterhood and support amongst young Kaur's. The goal is to create a forum for young Sikh high school Kaur's to reflect, learn, and become inspired by Sikhi and a new Sangat. The staff includes confident young Kaurs who come from different backgrounds - from doctoral students to military service members, from educators to professionals - who were born here in the US and can connect and empathize with a variety of youth experiences.
- The Bhujangan Leadership Academy aims to not only introduce Sikh culture through Gurbani, Tarikh (history), Philosophy and Rehat but also provides a safe place for kids to learn about themselves through workshops about self-confidence, building self-esteem, healthy communication, social justice and self-reflection.
- Bhujangan Leadership Academy staff is made up of young professionals, who aim to create a place of belonging for all in our community. High school is a critical period in a young Kaur's life. Those who lack a proper Sangat and Guru-inspired mentors can sometimes fall astray. Bhujangan Leadership Academy brings discipline together with fun, sisterhood, and passion.
- Upon graduating from the Bhujangan Leadership Academy, alums return to their home communities and continue their engagement in the Jakara Movement's community chapters (misls) and in their local high school clubs (SHSS). There, they begin volunteering and a local sangat keeps them connected with positive peer role models and great volunteer (seva) opportunities. Through this, they recognize their self-worth and have a nurturing environment to build strong, healthy, confident young Kaur's.
- While sometimes parents, siblings, and friends need to give that extra "push" to get the young Bhujangan's to initially attend, we make sure they have an experience they will remember forever.
- If you are interested in being a counselor at Bhujangan, leading these ladies as you create workshops, activities, and content for our young Kaurs, APPLY HERE!